Presentation which I prepared for Sitecore User Group Poland meetup in Poznań (6th of Oct 2017)
I covered there:
- Comparing TDS and Unicorn in Helix architecture
- Biggest concerns when implementing Helix
- Tips and benefits of Helix architecture
Presentation file: Helix on TDS and Unicorn.pptx
Update 10 October 2017
Recently Hedgehog released TDS 5.7 with huge improvements focused on Helix architecture, including:
- Rebuild all code generation files at once – A right-click menu was added to the solution context menu to allow the developer to regenerate code on all TDS projects at once.
- Add validators to Project validation for Helix – Validators were created to ensure items in the the helix naming hierarchy don’t make invalid references to other items in the helix hierarchy
- Sync all TDS projects at the solution level – Allows developers to sync all TDS projects at the solution level with a single gesture.
- Performance improvements with “Lighting” deploy mode
This resolves some of the issues mentioned in the presentation.